Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Dear Santa...high school style

by Calli Zimmerman
Dear Santa letters are seen and received at Christmas time every year, but for some reason the tradition of writing the letters fade after kids hit junior high. This week the journalism students were challenged to write a letter and here is what was returned. 

Dear Santa,
I have been trying to be good this year, even if my parents tell you otherwise. So please grant me everything on my Christmas list. My list consists of: makeup, makeup bag, cranberry grape juice, dark brown slippers from AĆ©ropostale, a laptop without a virus, a memory card for my phone, zebra phone cover and a scrapbooking set. I will leave you cookies and milk so you do not get hungry or thirsty. 
Sincerely,
Andrea Farrington
Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is my family, friends and a warm place to spend Christmas day with them.
Love,
Cami

Dear Mr. Santa,
I’m sorry I haven’t written you a letter since I was a kid. I’ve put a lot of thought into my Christmas list for this year and I promise I’ve been good. I want a new laptop computer for college next fall, the movie Despicable Me, some clothes, old Disney movies from when I was a little kid, colorful socks, a new pair of Nikes and lots of candy in my stocking. 
Your friend,
Teona Sutfin

Dear Santa Claus, 
How is everything at the North Pole this year? How are the reindeer and Rudolph especially? I don’t want much this year just a few things, I am wanting a new Coach purse and wallet, skull candy iHome, Army Wives season 4, a new Mac laptop for college, some clothes from American Eagle, gift cards, a new pair of shoes and a new North Face jacket. 
Love, 
Alexa Wheaton 

Dear Santa,
This year I’d like an iPod touch and seat covers for my car because mine don’t stay on. For my brother I’d like you to bring two Wii Controller Pro. For my mom, please bring her a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee because she deserves a nicer vehicle, preferably blue. For my dad, could you help him not to have anymore issues with the house so he can finish it stress free and relax? I know he has been very stressed for the past about four years and I would like you to help him not to have it be for another two years also. I will be sure to leave you the customary chocolate chip cookies and milk and mini carrots for the reindeer. I hope you aren’t too stressed up there in the North Pole this year! 
Love, 
Morgan

Dear Santa,
This year, as you may know, I have been really good. On Christmas morning, I would like to see a couple of presents from you under our family tree. I would like a puppy, a puggle to be exact, that will keep my parents company next year when I am at college. I would also like my mom to receive some new earmuffs to keep her ears warm at recess duty, and for my dad, new scissors for him at the Iowa Barber Shop. That is all for this year, have a safe trip!
Happy Holidays,
Bryan

No comments: