Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Family support leaves students feeling thankful

by Teona Sutfin
During the Thanksgiving holiday, some families like to share what they are thankful for with one another. When several students were asked what they are thankful for this year, many different answers were given, ranging everywhere from food, electricity and giraffes. 
“I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family that I can celebrate with this year,” said junior Kendra Cranston.
Eighth grade student Steven Kopp said, “I’m most thankful for getting to spend Thanksgiving break with my friends and family.”
Some unique answers received were cheese, the weather, giraffes, dogs and sunshine. A few of the seniors surveyed said laughter, support, the pursuit of happiness and the opportunity to succeed.
Senior Olivia Tribby said, ”I’m thankful for change and the strength of the people in my life who endure it.”
“I’m thankful for food, as well as family, money and electricity,” Trevor Moyer, 8th grade, commented.
Family was the most popular answer given, as 86 percent of students surveyed answered with family.
“I am thankful for all of my friends and family who always have my back and waking up every morning to continue on my journey in life,” said freshman Monika Fetzer.

No comments: