Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Seven individuals receive I ratings at State Speech

by Jered Engelking
Hope Kriegel invested time and energy to develop the character of a mentally and emotionally abused daughter during individual Speech and Drama this year.
She said, “I took on a more challenging piece and pushed myself harder because it was my last year to really do something.” 
Nine performances went to State Individual Speech Contest on Saturday, March 12, at Vinton-Shellsburg High School. Seven entries received I ratings while two got II ratings.
Those achieving I ratings in prose were Macy Taylor: “Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren;” Lex Jack: “Grandpa’s Teeth;” Niall Lyons: “George Brown, Class Clown;” Kendra Cranston: “Miss Smith’s Incredible Storybook” and Karah Hansen: “Ice Cream For Dinner.”
Those achieving I ratings in acting were Olivia Tribby: “A New Dress” and Hope Kriegel: “My Mother's Touch.” Two students received II ratings: Macy Taylor acting “Rewritten” and Destiny Romberg’s literary program: “Listen to Your Own Imagination.”
Though no one received an all state bid, students felt the year was successful.

No comments: