Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Track is taking off


by Bridgette Moore
On Wednesday Feb. 22 the Montezuma Girls Track team started their first practice. Coach Megan Carlson returns for a second season of track. It is expected to be a team of 16 girls.
The only senior out this year is Elizabeth Ostrem, who has been out for track since seventh grade. She is nervous, excited and looking forward to her last year of track season. 
Jennifer Maki, a home-schooled junior, joins the team for her first year of track at Montezuma High School.  
Maki said, “I’m looking forward to getting to know the team and to get stronger and faster because I love running and sports.” 
Monika Fetzer, sophomore, looks forward to her third season of track.  
She said, “Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong. After each meet, I want to be able to say; I gave it all I could, I gave it my best.” 
Alex Brenner, a freshman member of the team is looking forward to doing hurdles and putting together a record-breaking 4x1 team.” 
Carlson is excited to start working with the new freshmen that will be out for track. Their first meet will be the High School Indoor Track and Field Invitational at Wartburg on March 13.

No comments: